The Resilience and Sustainable Development Programme (RSDP) is a new, global research initiative based at the Centre for Rising Powers at the University of Cambridge.
The overarching mission of RSDP is to offer valuable and actionable insights that will help ethical leaders to cope and to thrive; and to drive policy innovations and institutional development in a changing world. Resiliency and sustainability depend on good leadership, empowered people, the wise use of natural resources and the profitable activities of ethical companies to bridge the gaps between rich and poor, so as to enhance prosperity for all.
The three pillars of the Resilience and Sustainable Development Programme are:
1. Improving resilient leadership and adaptive governance
2. Sustainable policy making and applied institutional innovations
3. Building a resilient society and a responsible economy for the poor
As such, the RSPD helps to create a shared, multidisciplinary research and practice vision and to embed the Sustainable Development Goals and Global Environmental Accords within the work of the Centre for Rising Powers.
As the pace of global social and environmental change accelerates, truly sustainable development requires resilient communities. From remote forest villages to new cities, local communities depend on networks of resilience to obtain the critical elements of survival: water, food, health, education, energy, livelihoods and security. To build resilient communities, we need the implementation of adaptive leadership models, the governance of sustainable policies and the process of institutional innovation to pursue resilience and sustainability in the global value chain of power, politics and commodity. Ultimately, this will help secure peace between people.
- RSDP extends the frontiers of knowledge through research and scholarship on leadership, public service and decision-making.
- RSDP convenes the World’s preeminent scholars and advocates for public service across fields and disciplines for game-changing engagement with students and faculty.
- RSDP identifies, invests in and supports the rising generations from the emerging countries through robust fellowships and cutting-edge leadership development programs.