The Centre for Rising Powers is collaborating with the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) to provide a 23-day study tour senior officials from the Guangdong Provincial Government. It is designed to equip these leaders with insight into the concept and operationalisation of sustainable development in critical areas, with a particular focus on the role of industrialisation and technological innovation in promoting sustainable economic activity.
The key questions addressed in the program include:
- How are global trends shaping the future environmental, economic and social context?
- How has the UK has developed industrially and is now supporting industrial sustainability?
- What are the challenges in achieving sustainable economic growth, including risk mitigation and the role of environmental protection
- What is the role of technology and innovation in delivering sustainable solutions (particular focus on information technology - data management and utilisation)
- How can long-term exchange and cooperation between Chinese and UK organisations be established?
The delegation will visit Cambridge and London from 19 June to 11 July 2015. The program will entail the following:
Please contact Lucy Bruzzone at CISL for further information: Lucy.Bruzzone@cisl.cam.ac.uk